Congrats to Eryn and Jill H. Email me with your address and I'll send off your photo books. And to those of you who commented, thank you. Check out Tracey's Photo Blog Picture This. It has really helped me take better pics of my kids.
Many of you that read my other blog know that I have chosen (I'm reminding myself that I do have a choice in this) to move to Little Rock with my husband while he does National Guard training. He starts 11/12 and will be there at least through February. We're hoping he can get transferred back to Dobbins AFB (in Atlanta where we live) for the last portion of the training. Otherwise, we'll be in Little Rock until April.
I've chosen to go for several reasons (again, reminding myself why):
a) He'll be home every night as opposed to being gone 3-4 days at a time.
b) He'll be home for the holidays.
c) I don't think I can manage with working and parenting alone 5 days out of the week every week (I know there are people that do this, but I don't think that mentally I can).
d) While I might be physically able to parent alone during the week, I'm not sure how that will fare with my children, mainly my daughter who would miss her father terribly.
And so, we've decided, thanks to our two gigantic dogs, that we'll need to live in furnished housing on base. But, I'm really not sure exactly how to manage this temporary move.
1) Should I leave after Thanksgiving and have him come home for that holiday, or should we all just go together this weekend *gulp* and stay there, knowing that the back and forth for the kids might be rough.
2) What should I bring? It's furnished -- but I'll need toys, my own linens, toys, computer... Anything else you might suggest I take?
3) Should I try to put my daughter in school while we're there, or just find a sitter and make a dedicated effort to get her out into some activities (like a music class, dance, etc.) so that she has the opportunity to play with other kids? This does mean that I will have to make some social efforts -- not generally my strong point since I LOVE to sit at home and work work work.
4) Would you go back to your house for the Christmas holidays? or just stay there?
5) Finally, why won't my 9.5 month old son, who's got his two top teeth FINALLY cutting, not nap? Just curious why all of a sudden he refuses to take his blessed once a day but still amazing 2.5 hour nap.